Alberta Lightning Protection: Dedicated to Ensuring Your Safety
Residential, Commercial and Industrial Applications
Serving engineering firms and electrical companies across Canada, Alberta Lightning Protection is proud to offer competitively priced lightning protection systems. Suitable for a variety of residential, commercial and industrial applications, our services include:
- Installation, design and certification of lightning protection systems
- Supply of lightning protection products and materials (Dodd & Struthers agent)
- Exothermic welding
Making Your Protection and Aesthetics Go Hand-in-Hand
For your safety, lightning protection systems are best left in the hands of qualified experts. We’re dedicated to ensuring your building is kept safe from lightning’s devastating powers. Modern systems not only offer protection, but are also designed to be aesthetically pleasing components to your structures. To get a better sense of our capabilities, we encourage prospective clients to view our past and current projects. Should you like what you see, contact Alberta Lightning Protection today to request an estimate.
Lightning Safety Tips for Industries Who Work Outdoors
If you work outdoors (logging, heavy equipment operation, construction, farming, power utilities, etc.), always pay close attention to your local weather forecasts. If high winds, dark clouds, rain, thunder or lightning are expected, don’t begin projects that can’t be completed quickly. Here are some other lightning safety tips:
- Ensure you and your employees have access to a safe shelter from lightning – either a substantial building or a hard-topped metal vehicle – and seek it immediately.
- Refrain from using large equipment, including bulldozers, cranes, backhoes and the like, during a lightning storm.
- Try not to touch any materials that are capable of conducting electricity. These include metal scaffolding and equipment, utility lines, water pipes and plumbing.
- Never stay in an area that contains explosives or munitions during a lightning storm.
- Try to keep away from tall, high objects during a lightning storm, including rooftops, scaffolding, utility poles or ladders.
- If a co-worker is struck by lightning, they’re safe to touch – people do not carry an electrical charge – but they will require immediate medical attention. The main cause of death for a lightning victim is cardiac arrest.